Key Stage 2 Family Reading Detective Project
Helping parents to support their children's reading at KS2
- 8 assignments
- a parents' guide to the project
- supporting resources such as letters, invitations, evaluation forms and a checklist
- teachers' notes on how to deliver the project successfully, with practical examples from schools
- all the resources on CD-ROM so that the project can be repeated year on year
This project aims to:
- improve children's reading levels, particularly their comprehension skills;
- help parents better support their child's reading;
- improve parental engagement at KS2.
It is aimed at Year 3, 4 or 5 children and their families. They work together on an exciting challenge to solve a mystery, developing their comprehension, inference and questioning skills.
The project includes workshops for the children and their families.