Moving Up for Secondary Schools
Thursday, May 3, 2018
9:30am – 3:30pm
The project aims to help schools:
- Improve their parental engagement from the start of high school
- Engage parents to help develop students’ behaviours for learning
- Support child and family wellbeing during the transition
- Review and improve their transition arrangements
- Improve the quality of communication between school and parents
- Share and learn with and from other high schools
PEN Members receive 10% off
The project involves using a range of strategies to develop closer engagement of parents at the transition to high school.
This includes resources on topics including developing routines, supporting learning, bullying and cyberbullying, communication with school, attendance, getting support etc
Strategies include family activities, parents’ tip sheets, induction events and interactive meetings with parents, and a range of other potential strategies including use of an app, developing your website, parents’ forums, parenting input and workshops.
- Two days of high quality training for two members of staff (should include a senior leader or transition coordinator) – second date to be arranged
- A wide range of quality materials, including 12 tip sheets and family activities
- Material READY TO USE which can be used free year-on-year after the one-off fee
- Guidance and support on developing and evaluating strategies
ANOTHER DAY TO BE ARRANGED.
Event LocationWindrush Centre