KS2 Family Detective Reading Project
Thursday, May 10, 2018
9:30am – 12:00pm
Highly successful project which has motivated children and parents to get more involved in reading and developed children’s comprehension skills. Introduction to the resources and training on how to run the project in school. Year 3, 4 or 5 children and their families work together on an exciting challenge to solve a mystery, developing their comprehension, inference and questioning skills.’
If you just want the resource pack you can buy online for £75.
Book a second place for only £50
Each delegate receives a pack with all the activities, supporting resources and teacher’s notes.
It was great and involved 50 out of 60 year 4 families. Lily Lane Primary School
The best thing was seeing the parents and children reading and solving problems together. It was a great hook for the boys! Medlock Primary School
It has definitely improved children’s comprehension skills, and increased the amount parents are helping with reading. Birchfields Primary School
The pack includes:
- a parents’ guide to the project
- supporting resources such as letters, invitations, evaluation forms, label templates and a checklist
- teachers’ notes on how to deliver the project successfully, with practical examples from schools
- optional reading challenge to keep up momentum
- CD-ROM with the resources so that the project can be repeated
We had parents who have never really engaged with the school, and this got them involved. Cheetwood Primary School
The parental engagement has been absolutely wonderful. Pikes Lane Primary School
Webinar based training: We have no upcoming webinar dates, however please email us if you are interested.